Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Snow what....

I know most of my friends in Atlanta have had enough snow for their lifetime recently..
I have to admit
I am like a kid when it comes to the "Chance of Snow" in the forecast..
I wake up and run to the window
rub off the condensation to see how much is out there...
I like a break from my usual obligations
and the chance to have a totally unplanned day for a change...
So here is to wishing for one of those days again..
Falling Snow
by anonymous

See the pretty snowflakes
Falling from the sky;
On the wall and housetops
Soft and thick they lie.
On the window ledges,
On the branches bare;
Now how fast they gather,
Filling all the air.
Look into the garden,
Where the grass was green;
Covered by the snowflakes,
Not a blade is seen.
Now the bare black bushes
All look soft and white,
Every twig is laden,
What a pretty sight!



No comments:

Post a Comment