Friday, May 25, 2012

Insta Friday...Food, men, and coffee ....

Insta Friday
featuring

Food,Men, and Coffee
of Italy
Edition....
Hold on There are quite a few!
 daily breakfast of these fresh brick oven baked rolls
covered in
 Nutella like spread...
some folk don't care for it and I never really ate it
until Italy...
It only takes a tiny schmere but I love it now!
 Fresh coffee and frothed milk every morning..
the coffee here reminded me of chicory coffee from New Orleans ...
which equals=
 yum...
 Antipasta...
The best most flavorful Italian green beans with tomatoes
and more rolls...
 Amazing Roasted tomato stuffed with rice,peppers and I don't know what else
but it was soooo delicious...
 Spaghetti Bolognese...

 Fried Artichoke
in the Jewish Quarter...
crispy and so yummy...
(not breaded)
 Bruschetta...
 Pork cutlet pounded thin and fried
w/ lemon to sprinkle on top...
My mouth is starting to water !
fried ravioli...

making pasta....
 Using pasta to make Spinach ravioli
 all kinds of yummy desserts...
 strawberry and lemon Gelato
to die for!
I can still taste it...
 Pesto Gnocchi'
 Espresso...
and for dessert...
 One of our favorite waiters...
 Menu advice from Luca
(although we usually had no idea what he was saying)
but it sounded sooo good...
 a little help from Mahnolo...
(I must admit I would have stuffed him in my suitcase if I could!)
and of course the most
handsome Priest you could ever meet
Bruno!
(stole this from Heidi's Instagrams)

I'll have to let you in on what I think make Italian men
so likeable and loveable
in another post.
Hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.
Are you hungry now?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh -- am I ever hungry! That bread looked like it was to die for, and certainly beat the whole grain waffles I just had spread with Nutella! (I started eating that again myself when I developed an allergy to peanut butter.) Pesto gnocchi. Oh my gosh everything looked amazing!!

    ReplyDelete