Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Thriftshare!

It has been a busy week
winding down for the end of Summer...
Also lots of work which is a blessing!

Now I'm finally getting around to sharing
some of my favorite finds from a week or so ago!

We have a new Thriftstore
in the neighborhood
and these items were from my first visit there...
I have to make myself drive by because I am so tempted to stop!
I have found such great items there
and they are so reasonable!
Gasped...and grabbed this
green vintage Tupperware slicer and shredder!
$1.50
Jade variations of anything vintage have been something I started collecting
back in college in 1995...
before Martha totally ruined the market for it!
 This cute little napkin was .10 cents!
The store was having a Christmas Summer sale...
they had cleared an Estate and there were literally TONS of  Holiday items!
Most had not been unpacked 
they were just thrown out in boxes on the floor
 and under racks of clothes....
I rolled up my sleeves and dug in!


I found this vintage flocked wreath crammed in a box 
with a bunch of 
crafty looking rabbits, etc.
No one would have thought to look for this in there!
SO excited...these flocked pieces are so hard to find.

 $1 dollar!
All the vintage items were just randomly thrown in with
other modern things so it took me a while...
Love this bow and several picks from the 40's and 50's.
Lots of mini Santa Claus and a few pipecleaner candy canes....
 My heart skipped a beat when I spied these mercury glass bead picks in the bottom
of a box! 
The start tree topper is going to go on my sons little Aluminum tree...
 LOTS of vintage mercury glass and Shiny Brite type ornaments
some with designs,bell shaped, etc!

This old box of leads were just so cool
plus
 they were all in these individual boxes
for added neatness!
 The Kraft Ambrosia jar is going to be used to store craft supplies
loved the graphics on it...
The little perfume bottle was for Topaz...
my aunt used to wear that when she was younger so I had to get it.
 Everything from the bow to the perfume bottle went into one bag for 
a grand total of $4
That was my idea of Christmas!

 Linking up with 
Hope you are having a great week!
 

15 comments:

  1. Lucky you on all the great Christmas finds!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, being close to home and with prices like that I think I'd have to exercise huge restraint not stopping every time I drove past! LOL Your Christmas finds are fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my idea of Christmas, too! My favorite is the mercury glass pick, and of course the old ornaments! And those lead boxes are to die for!

    ReplyDelete