Tuesday, May 14, 2013

What's up?!

I'm still alive!
Last week I eluded to a lot going on...
my brain is in overdrive right now...

How about a peek?

New job for Mr.Keeper started last week...
Little Keeper has spring fever and I've had to make an
"I've got my eye on you"

visit to school...
Broken teeth in 2 out of three people in this household!
and
then my creative mind won't calm...
 Édouard Boubat. Rémi écoutant la mer, 1955.
 
inspired by this page....
O.K.
so if you've visited my Pinterest page
you may have noticed my ridiculous love of a 
man named Eddie Vedder...
I'm always inspired by him 
and the love goes way back to the earliest days of 
Seattle Music bursting onto the scene...
I can write a whole different post on how that changed some of my views of the
world and how women are viewed...
I found this concert video 
(not the one above)
of
Pearl Jam performing before their first album Ten was released
it was recorded by some random person in the crowd...
the beautiful thing is seeing the guys
and mainly Ed so young and so driven and free of what
happens when you become celebrities..
The above video touches me - being that we can see evolution of
a songs meaning and a person in general...
How your youth represents one thing and then 20 years later
that meaning can change for you...
 PHEW is that where I'm at or what right now!? 
I said to myself!
So I've experienced this flood of creative writing and some journaling
which is making me stop the car kind of stuff...
Thanks Ed...
Don't know Pearl Jam?
It's o.k.
some of the things I find inspiring about Ed...
He uses HIS voice to stand up for what he believes in
Huge supporter of The Bridge School
with time and money...
Loves to surf...
Carries vintage suitcases with him wherever he goes
to carry his notebooks,journals,pens and toothbrush in...
This collection of suitcases steals a thrifting gals heart...
Just a huge pile of them...
Has a ridiculous sense of humor...
Loves to make polaroids and Super 8 movies of the crowds
at the bands concerts...
Still finds it hard to believe all those people are there to see them...
LOVES the Chicago Cubs and shows up
a lot at games!
Regularly commissions original poster artwork for performances...
Like this one...
and on and on...
Loving this truth....
Fancy Pants man as I like to call him...
so inspiring...
found him HERE
Via
She's begging to be painted in my mind....
Via  this lovely lady...
Laurie over at
IndulgeYourShelf
pinned this and several more like it have me
thinking and gathering....
This Richmonder whom I discovered through his blog
HERE 
just recently finished a true creative journey...
I love his spirit and his passion for his work
and his dedication to his vision...
Read about his adventures and if you don't come away
a bit inspired by his words...
I'll be shocked...
Congratulations Charlie!
I hope to finally catch up with him sometime this year
to purchase one of his works...
Maybe the Half Price Frappucino deals also had
something to do with my crazy surge in
creative abandon?
Two for one basically...
there was a whole lot of caffeine going on...
I had been staying away to save money..but this was a deal right?!

Well lovelies...
I have just had an almost total mind dump on
all of you and it 
barely scratched the surface...
Hope you are emerging into Spring with
a real sense of direction or you are finding your way there!
Chat with me about where you are at will you?!
Love you guys!

 

4 comments:

  1. Yes, you HAVE been on a journey -- haven't you? I think there might be something to your frappuchino theory, LOL! In a good way! I love that Buddha quote, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;) Maybe an almost midlife crisis too? Or just realizing I'm getting Older!

      Delete
  2. My husband's a big Eddie Vedder and Pearl Jam fan too. His song "Skipping" from last year (or the year before now?) is the most recent one I love from him. I've always loved the "You don't have a soul--You are a soul" idea. Yes, yes, yes. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Skipping" makes me tear up every time I hear it! If people really listened to his lyrics there has never been a one that wasn't an open and honest thought out of his soul, whatever the emotion. "Around the Bend" is another favorite like "Skipping" for me. Your Hubby obviously has great taste ;)

      Delete