Sunday, June 9, 2013

Something old but new.....

WOW!

I am seriously lacking in my posts this past week...
things have just been crazy!
One highlight of last week however was
a nice little package I received in the mail
from my bestest friend in N.C.

She sent me these cards that had belonged
to her Aunt...
She knew I would love them...
She's good that way ;)
 If you look close you will see
that each one has
the name of the character on the front of the card
Mary Mary Quite Contrary
and 
Little Red Riding Hood!
Then when you open them...

 A Greeting
and a fold out page that turns into this...
A story about the character!
Even the back of the cards are decorated with illustration!
How neat are these?
Here are a few more....
 Cinderella
and
Jack and Jill
 Little Miss Muffet
and
Jack and the Beanstalk
I love how this one was signed by a whole
group of people...
Then these last two featured
children in the traditional dress
of their country
with a cute little poem inside
How cool are those?
Have you ever seen any like these?
I just wonder if they were a cute line of greeting cards or if
they were something to collect for children?

Hope you enjoyed a peek at them
and \thanks
again to my gal Esta who knows me well.
it's great to have friends who really "get" you!

2 comments:

  1. These are a real treasure. How cute would these be framed and hung on the wall together? A lovely gift. I hope you have a great week my friend.

    xo Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad these have found a happy home. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete