Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Southern Gravy Goodness.....

Ever have one of those
recipes you just know by heart?
I have a very few.
This gravy recipe has become one of them.
For years I could not find a good
white biscuit gravy recipe that
resembled my great grandmothers...
Until this one...
I thought I would share it because it is such a favorite.

Southern White Gravy
Ingredients-
4 T butter
4 heaping T all purpose flour
Pepper to taste
Salt to taste (if desired.)
2 c milk

Melt the butter in a saucepan, 

and when it's all melted add the flour and then the pepper and salt. 
It will start to get bubbly. 
When it's really bubbling up (does not take much time), 
add the milk. 
Continuously stir until the gravy thickens.
 

Another favorite variation
includes sausage.
Just fry your sausage into crumbles 
and then drain the fat.
Add to the gravy mix when done.

Yum!
It definitely is a Southern Thang!

Pour over biscuits for breakfast!
 

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment