Sunday, September 15, 2013

One project down...a million more to go!

Hello everyone!
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

I sit here drinking my morning coffee
riding high on the fumes of Mod Podge!
I am updating Little Keeper's room..
yesterday we took a bedroom table 
and custom made our own
pre-historic collage on the shelves in it!

I'll give you a peek at that when it finishes drying!
here are a few inspiration pics for the
change from baby to Little Man
 Already have the Globes
and I found a locker/filing cabinet a few months ago
at a tag sale that is waiting to be painted!

 We have one of the Coca Cola crates
in the garage...
Loving these Vintage Cubs graphics
our family are huge Cubs fans...
he had one of his first photos taken in Cubs gear!
Great idea for spelling out his name using
cardboard and comics!
I already have a wall size map I purchased at
and estate sale last summer
and just finally figured out a great way to hang it!
Love the colors here...
Another great vintage graphic to go over the bookshelves?
I have a ton of these vintage Fisher price Weebles...
but you could use matchbox cars or plastic dinosaurs...
action figures...
any of those small things adults can step on 
in the middle of the night
and kill themselves with!
We are having fun and he is enjoying being involved for a change!
You can view the links and more fun for kiddos
on my Pinterest page
here
on the board titled
Kiddos 

Iwould also like to share that
I have become should we say
"curator"
of a VERY LARGE project for a friend...
He has a rare type of cancer.
It causes brain tumors that basically -
can be removed but will continue to return.
In the last 3 years he has undergone surgery twice.
He was about 36/37 years old when the
first symptoms began.
He had requested to meet his favorite musician
through the Make A Wish foundation...
however they were turned away from the bands fan club
simply saying the band does not do that sort of thing.
Unfortunately there are always gate keepers.
So a group of friends started an e-mail chain to convince them
to forward his request anyway...
Then I got the bright idea to start a blog with a photo
a day in support of getting this persons attention...
We know he would do it in a minute if he actually heard about
the request...
SO - I may be a bit sporadic in my posting here.
I have almost exactly a month to get this to work...
It has to happen by October 30th!

I am requesting friends, family,
even the kindness of strangers to help us out!
I will post links to the site as soon as I have it running
which should be in the next day or so.

In the meantime if you are interested in helping us out...
leave me a comment here.
All I simply need is a picture of yourself or friends,etc
with a sign.

Here is one of the first we are going to use...
Of course this was manipulated!
The words are lyrics to one of his favorite songs
and are very fitting for what we are doing.
The artist is Stone Gossard guitarist for Pearl Jam...

Thanks for stopping by....

2 comments:

  1. Oh I would love to help -- let me know! Gosh I LOVE your ideas for your son's room, too!

    ReplyDelete