Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Rainy Day Flea market........

On Saturday I had hopes for a lovely Fall morning
Trip to the Farmers Market
and
Flea Market in Williamsburg
They usually only hold it two times a year
unfortunately
it rained all day..
I still made the drive
but most of the vendors either didn't show
or were packing up after the first hour...
A few were well covered and decided to tough it out....
Of course I managed to find a few things!
I don't think I've ever been to a sale where I couldn't find something!

Vintage box of Swano Aquarelle Pencils

$5.00
Cabinet Cards
Several lovely ladies and wonderful newlyweds
He has the best hairdo up close!

Two little girls
the left is a tintype
Civil War era or just after
You can't see it but her cheeks are a bit rosy...

You can just make out her blushed cheeks as well..
Young lady of Creole descent?
Her eyes, make me wonder.
I paid a dollar for each of these.
I plan on using them in a few of my many projects...
I can never bring myself to use the actual cards
I plan on scanning all of them before I use them.
Very used little travel / fold up clock
I really wanted it for the case
I can't decide if I want to dismantle the clock for parts
and use the case for a vignette
or leave it as is and display it...
Well loved and worn childs toy pistol
The handle probably should have had a bakelite or plastic covering
I imagined it cracked and came off if the owner was anything like my son!
I thought it would be fun to display in Baby Keepers room.
$3.00
O.K. I have no idea what to call this...
needle point?
The design is lots of little raised threads
The needlework has been sewn onto a linen backing and the top left open
I'm not sure if it was intended to be a pincushion or small bag..
It was only $1
and appears to be quite old.
Is anyone familiar with this type of needlework?
Hopefully the sun will come out for next weekend!
Check out Her Library Adventures
Apron Thrift Girl
and

2nd Time Around
To see what else what other treasures were found this week!
Happy Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment