Friday, March 29, 2013

Easter Swap!

This year I participated in the
Easter Swap
at
Sandy was a wonderful Hostess!

I was paired with Marlene
a.k.a.
Miz HoneyBee
 of

I thought I would share with you today what
I made for Marlene....
 A chickie in a teacup....
This was my first Spoolie.
I covered the spool with decorative paper on top,
then covered the center with ribbon and vintage lace trim.
The little teacup was a gift from another swap
but it just said to me 
that it needed to be with this little gal.
The grass in the cup is actually some vintage christmas garland 
I found on one of my thrifting trips.
I thought making her a sweet little shawl gave her an added bit of whimsy.
I placed her inside the German egg container in the background.
Hoping to find more of those in the future.

I then stuffed the box with lots of goodies!
A strawberry container with
a pretty crocheted doily,
some Cath Kidston cupcake wrappers,
buttons and trims,
a glittered up pink birdie,
some vintage playing cards with bunnies and chicks and lambs,
and a few more surprises.
I also included the pretty paper straws and some napkins
to sweeten up an Easter snack.
There were a few more things I didn't photograph
but you get the gist.
One little chocolate bunny  made the trip too.
I had a lot of fun getting to know Miz B through her e-mails.
I hope she starts to blog more because she has a lot to offer!
I can't wait to share with you tomorrow
what she sent to me!
Hope you are having a blessed Good Friday.
We are off to bake Crescent rolls
and dye some Eggs!


No comments:

Post a Comment