Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Quiet Man...Happy St. Patrick's Day...

Happy St.Patricks Day to all...
One of my absolute favorite movies
is highly appropriate for today....
The Quiet Man
starring John Wayne
and
Maureen O'Hara
I don't remember when I first watched this movie
but I absolutely love it!
Truly funny characters
and John Wayne in a non western/war hero role
Romantic comedy
a bit Un-PC for now-a-days
(but what the hey)
This movie was made in 1952
Even at almost 60 years old,
there is still a huge following of fans for it.
People make pilgrimages to
the actual sites where the movie was filmed throughout
Ireland / Innisfree

People flock to this cottage for photo ops
There are special tours just to see these landmarks
People like to reenact scenes from the movie
and have photos taken of their antics

The only other movie I know of people like to reenact like this
is the Rocky Horror Picture Show
60 years later
this may be the best movie you've never seen...
So if you can check it out!
Let me know what you think!
In the meantime
Happy St.Patricks Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment