Sunday, August 21, 2011

Homegrown
Apples
not
"perfect"
like the store bought kind
but
they
TASTE
like
an apple should

not some
genetically altered
fruit
that has been
sitting on a refrigerated truck
long before it was meant to be eaten
waiting to go on display.
I know not everyone can
have trees in their own yard.
But,
if you have local growers
especially ones who deal with true seed
(heirloom)
and even better if organic.
I strongly urge you to go and
TRY
their fruit.
You may experience a whole different taste altogether.
Due to some serious lifestyle
changes I will be posting some of
my favorite places to but produce,etc.
Also talking about canning,etc. soon!
I will share more...
but back to those apples.
it is the beginning of their "season" when they truly taste
the best.
Plan an excursion
and find an orchard.
Go and have a fun day apple picking!
Happy Sunday evening all!

No comments:

Post a Comment