Thursday, June 21, 2012

Whole 'nother planet?

I had 
a conversation with someone this week
and during that conversation
I started to
see
in this persons
eyes that they had no idea where
I was coming from.


They listened politely
but
I could tell
that
this person wanted to know,
but
 was not
"ready"
to hear how I had achieved
a certain level of freedom and happiness.
It was kind of weird.
Most likely she went home and had
a
"She has gone crazy"
conversation .


I guess what I am trying to say
is that for some of us
being truly
happy
may involve some risk taking and
going against the traditional grain of things..
Giving up the safety of 
what society says we should have
to be
NORMAL.

 Leaving my regular paying job
to try something on my own
was very scary...
it has NOT been easy.
I can say there have been times
when all we have honestly had in
our checking account is $5 .
We have family that loves us ,
friends that love us ,
and somehow
things keep working out.
I am happier than I have been
in a very LONG time.
But is it
work? YES
Is it easy - NO.
Was it worth it?
YES
I forced me to work through
some issues I kept putting bandages
on in my personal life.
It sparked another side to my creative self that
got pushed to the back of the closet years ago.
I guess what I really wanted to say
was that you 
Choose
what is important to you.
If you keep doing the same things
you get the same results right?
No change is easy
but
you will never know the possibilities
unless you try.
If you really want something bad enough
you will do whatever you can to make it happen.



  Happy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment